Sunday 18 February 2018

The Library Challenge - Pride and Prejudice Project 1


Today is the first challenge at The Library Challenge  - which is a new book-based challenge that I've started as my project for 2018.

The first challenge is the book Pride and Prejudice and you can take inspiration from the cover, the title or the story.

Image result for pride and prejudice cover

For my first project I was inspired by the peacock feathers in non-peacock colours. Using a cutting file , I cut the feather out on my Silhouette electronic cutter. I coloured part of the die cut with gold watercolour, and made a background using distress inks and a few splashes of the gold watercolour. I used a sparkly gem for the eye of the feather. I didn't put a sentiment, as I think it could be used for a range of occasions or 'just because'. 

I really hope you'll enter this new challenge. I have another project on this theme coming up...

I'd like to enter:
A bit More Time to Craft  anything goes
Create and Inspire  anything goes

6 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

A beautiful card! Love your feather with those soft colors.

Pia S said...

It’s a fun concept for a card challenge and I’ll do my outmost to try and enter each time. Now I need to decide if I should use my uninked peacock feather, my uninked peacock or my nbus die, lol. It seems I needed this theme to get some of my stuff to use. Your card is perfect for many an occasion, it’s useful to have some cards like this, one never knows when a last minute card is needed.

Being Mrs Miles said...

So glad to find your new challenge, and inspired by the theme.

Your card is lovely - you certainly put a lot of work into it. I always admire Silhouette cuts, my poor Cammy is sitting here getting dustballs lol!!! You might be nudging me to taking a swipe at it again.

Your card is so soft and lovely!

Mac Mable said...

Love the peacock feather and the colours you've used are gorgeous x

Donna said...

Stunning and great take on the cover of the book!

Nonni said...

That feather looks so delicate and pretty! Beautiful blend of colors in the background.